We recognize the diversity of experiences, interests, expectations, needs, and career stages of academics. Our goal is to provide support for our academic colleagues who are striving to create meaningful and productive professional and personal lives in alignment with– and contributing toward– the missions of Michigan State University.
The Academic Career Paths programming and resources address pertinent junctures in an academic’s career–from when they enter the university, work toward promotion milestones, and transition into late-career or retirement activities.
Check out the upcoming Thriving Series which focuses on the different stages of an academic career.
Academic Career Paths Events
- Thriving in the Tenure System I: Articulating Your Scholarly Identity Through a Strong Reappointment, Promotion, and Tenure Packet
- Thriving as an Academic Specialist at MSU
- Spring 2024 – The Path to Promotion a Webinar Series for Academic Specialists click here for more information.
- Thriving as a Fixed-Term Faculty Member at MSU
- Thriving in the Tenure System II: Transitioning From Associate to Full Professor
Review the Guidelines for Annual Review and RPT
See our Past Events Archive page for recordings and PPTs from past events.
Webinars, Faculty Success Program, writing accountability, and support from this national organization
Find events, resources, and a way to connect to the MSU and East Lansing Community through this comprehensive directory page housed on the WorkLife Office website. Their team is also available for consultations to help you connect to the resources you need to adjust your work and personal life into a new location.
Explore continuing education opportunities for all of MSU’s online and hybrid graduate and certificate programs.