A range of skills and responsibilities are critical to administrative roles, which commonly involve a blend of leadership, management, and service. These skills and responsibilities will form the foci for training and mentoring to be provided by the Leadership Node, and will be available in a variety of formats. We focus on both enhancing the success of current leaders and cultivating future leaders at MSU.
Leadership Development Events
- Conversations with MSU Leaders
- Creating and Sustaining a Respectful Work Environment Series
- Leadership Institute – Required for department chairpersons, school directors, and associate deans of non-departmentally organized colleges within the first two years of their appointments; other administrators are encouraged to attend sessions relevant to their positions.
- Sessions for department chairs, school directors, and associate deans of non-departmentally organized colleges
- Simmons Chivukula Award for Academic Leadership