This program is designed for and open to all associate professors in the Tenure System.
This workshop is designed to:
- Clarify the expectations for attaining the rank of Full Professor in the Tenure System
- Inform mid-career decision-making and experiences
- Review the process, procedures, and documentation
- Provide a venue for questions and answers
Helpful Resources for Reappointment, Promotion, and Tenure
- Appointment, Reappointment, Tenure and Promotion Recommendations (external link)
- Guidelines for Faculty Reappointment, Promotion and Tenure in the College of Natural Science at Michigan State University (external link)
- Mapping the Terrain of Mid-Career Faculty at a Research University (external link)
Forms and Examples of Evaluated Materials
- Form D: Recommendation for Reappointment, Promotion, or Tenure Action Form (external link) – instructions and fillable forms
- Examples of Form D by College (Professor)
- Examples of Reflective Essays by College (Professor)
- University Philosophy and Guiding Policies on Faculty Tenure and Promotion
- CODD Recommendations for Writing and Evaluating DEI in the Faculty Annual Review and RPT
- Funding sources from Undergraduate Research
February 21, 2024, 9:00 – 12:30 PM EST, registration for this session coming soon!
Materials from past workshops including video recordings of the session may be found on the Past Events Archive page.