This annual workshop is designed to provide guidance to academic specialists in navigating the academic specialist system at Michigan State University.
Next session February 9, 2022 – Click here to register to attend this session.
- History, roles, appointment types, and the promotional system for academic specialists at MSU
- Form C
- Reflective essays
- Tracking and documenting your accomplishments
- Break-out sessions for tailored, pertinent information by appointment type
Helpful Resources on Reappointment, Continuing Appointment, and Promotion
Policy and Procedures:
- Academic Specialist Handbook (external link to MSU Human Resources website)
- Annual Evaluation section of Handbook (external link to MSU Human Resources Handbook)
- Reappointment, Continuing Appointment: (external link to MSU Human Resources Handbook Reappointment section of Handbook)
- Blank Form C
- Samples of Form C
- Samples of Reflective Essays
- Advice for crafting a summary statement
- COVID-19 Impact Statement Guidelines
- Academic Specialist Advisory Committee
- Academic Human Resources
- Funding sources from Undergraduate Research
- Academic Specialist website FAQ
Materials from past workshops including video recordings of the session may be found on the Past Events Archive page.