This annual workshop is designed specifically for Fixed-Term (focused-teaching faculty), Health Programs Faculty, and NSCL/FRIB Faculty at Michigan State University.
Workshop objectives are to:
- Clarify expectations and set development goals for various academic appointment types at MSU
- Review strategies for compiling promotion packets including reflective essays
- Provide breakout sessions focused on policies and procedures around promotion
- Provide a venue for questions and answers
Policies and Procedures
- Fixed-Term Faculty Handbook (external link to MSU Human Resources website)
- Promotion of Fixed-Term Faculty (external link to MSU Human Resources website)
- Annual Performance Review for Fixed Term Faculty (external link to MSU Human Resources website)
- Union of Nontenure-Track Faculty Contract (June 10, 2022 – May 15, 2026)
- Documenting Your Accomplishments Video (external link)
- Leveraging Your Annual Evaluation (external link)
- Examples of Form D for Fixed-Term Faculty
- Examples of Reflective Essays for Fixed-Term Faculty
- Funding sources from Undergraduate Research
- Promotion of Fixed Term Faculty
- Promotion of HP Faculty
- Promotion of FRIB/NSCL Faculty
- FORM B: Recommendation FOR DESIGNATION B Appointment in the Union of non-Tenure Track Faculty
February 14, 2024, 9:00 – 12:30 PM EST, registration for this session coming soon!
Materials from past workshops including video recordings of the session may be found on the Past Events Archive page.